Just a quick note to say that over on my Christian video games blog I’m attempting to blog every day between now and the Christian Game Developers Conference that’s happening at the start of July. Do check it out if you’re interested!
Just a reminder that I still blog once a week or so over at my Christian video games blog, Old Testament Adventures. My vision is for it to be more general blog about all of the world’s Christian video games news – it’s just that right now there isn’t a whole lot of news in that space. But if you ever come across anything Christian video game related, do drop me a line!
Here’s a recent article giving you a taster of what I’ve been up to on my own Christian video game, Ebenezer: Character closeups.
This is just a friendly reminder that I’ve started a new Old Testament Adventures blog recently, and all of the Christian video game-related posts that used to appear here on Geero.net are now to be found over there (RSS feed here).
Here’s a roundup of some of the posts that have appeared over there since it was set up:
- The Crazy World of the Old Testament – an ode to all that is weird and wonderful about the Old Testament
- A Vision for Christian Video Games – laying out my vision for what Christian video games could be, including a new YouTube video
- The Greatest Adventure: Stories from the Bible – revisiting the old Hanna-Barbera cartoon series that was no doubt partly responsible for my Old Testament adventure game idea
- Interview a Christian Game Developer: Jeff Spicer – the first in a series of interviews with game developers who are Christians
- Poetry in Video Games – what genres of Biblical literature lend themselves to video game adaptations?
Do take a moment to update your feed reader with the new blog feed if you want to stay up to date with Ebenezer and other Christian video game-related thoughts.
I’ve been doing a bit of thinking lately about my blog and the direction it should take, and I’ve decided to split it into two. It seems unlikely that any one person would be interested in all of the random topics I post here, so I’ve decided to try and be a bit more focussed. From now on I will be maintaining two separate blogs:
- Old Testament Adventures will be a blog dedicated to the development of Christian video games. All news related to Ebenezer will be posted there in future (RSS Feed here)
- Geero.net will then become more focussed on issues relating to living out your Christian faith as a computer programmer and general geek (Atom Feed here)
If you experience any problems with either blog in the immediate future, please let me know.